Mar 30, 2022
Community Natural Foods has been supporting the BYOC movement since 1977… it’s actually how we started the business! But now we want to scream it from the rooftops! So here’s how you can do your part in reducing waste and bringing your own container.
HOW TO SHOP BULK
1. Bring your own reusable bag or clean container (see below what is/isn’t accepted).
2. Forgot your container? We offer a variety of cotton pouches and containers for purchase; and we have complimentary compostable bulk bags.
3. If you bring a container have it tared at an available till.
4. If you have a pouch or bag just fill with any of the great bulk items we have to offer.
5. Don’t forget to take note of the BIN # (memorize it, write it on your container, take a picture of it… whatever you want to do).
Starting in April we will be accepting reuseable coffee and smoothie cups in our cafes. When ordering either let your cashier know or if using the self-serve kiosk click the BYOC button.
WHAT IS/ISN’T ACCEPTABLE AS A BYOC CONTAINERS
NOT ACCEPTABLE CONTAINERS
You may be wondering why we are offering BYOC for some products and not for others. Unfortunately at this time, our café products like Kombucha on Tap and our soups are priced by volume, not by weight, so they are not part of BYOC... yet. We want to be completely transparent with you and let you know we are working on making BYOC the best it can be!