Alberta Natural Products Baking Mixes
NEW! from Alberta Natural Products:
Classic, Simple and Delicious Baking Mixes
- Free from preservatives, colours and flavours and sweeteners
Decadent Dark Chocolate Cake Mix:
An all-natural, clean, simple and delicious easy-to-use decadent dark chocolate cake mix.
Classic Golden Vanilla Cake Mix:
An all-natural, clean, simple and delicious easy-to-use classic golden vanilla cake mix.
Southern Red Velvet Cake Mix:
An all-natural, clean, simple and delicious easy-to-use southern red velvet cake mix.
Fudgy Chocolate Brownie Mix:
An all-natural, clean, simple and delicious easy-to-use fudgy chocolate brownie mix.
Scrumptious Banana Bread Mix:
An all-natural, clean, simple and delicious easy-to-use scrumptious banana bread mix.
An all-natural, clean, simple and delicious easy-to-use cookie mix where you get to create the flavor!
An all-natural, clean, simple and delicious easy-to-use muffin mix where you get to create the flavor!
Recipes, Tips and Ideas - CAKES
Vanilla Butter Cream
- Yields Vanilla Butter Cream for 1 x 9” cake topping or 12 cupcakes (1 Tbsp per cupcake)
1/2 cup cold Butter
1 cup + 1/3 cup icing sugar - sifted
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 tsp Milk or Heavy Cream
- In a mixing bowl add cold butter and beat with a paddle attachment until soft, scraping down the sides every few minutes.
- Sift icing sugar into a bowl then slowly add sifted icing sugar to mixer while the mixer is on speed 1 until all the icing sugar has been added.
- Leave mixer on speed 1 and add in vanilla and milk.
- Once all the ingredients have been added, mix and then scrape down the sides of the mixing bowl and turn mixer onto speed 2.
- Mix the butter cream till smooth and fluffy. Do not over mix. Apply butter cream using an offset spatula to the top of the cake or place the butter cream into a piping bag with a star tip and pipe on top of the 12 cupcakes.
Chocolate Butter Cream
- Yields chocolate butter cream for 1 x 9” cake topping or 12 cupcakes (1 Tbsp per cupcake)
1/3 cup cold Butter
1 heaping cup Icing Sugar - sifted
1/4 cup Cocoa Powder - sifted
1 Tbsp and 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1/2 tsp Milk or Heavy Cream
1) In a mixer with a paddle attachment add in cold butter and beat until softened, scraping down the sides of the bowl every few minutes.
2) Sift icing sugar and cocoa powder together in a separate bowl. While the mixer is on speed 1 slowly add the sifted cocoa and powdered sugar to butter until all of it has been added in.
3) Leave mixer on speed 1 then add in vanilla and milk to mixing bowl, after a minute stop mixer and scrape down bowl sides.
4) Turn mixer onto speed 2 and beat until fluffy and smooth.
5) Do not over mix butter cream. Once the butter cream is smooth, apply the chocolate butter cream with an offset spatula to the top of the cake or add it into a piping bag with a star tip and pipe on top of the 12 cupcakes.
Cream Cheese Butter Cream
- Yields Cream Cheese Butter cream for 1 x 9” cake topping or 12 cupcakes (1 Tbsp per cupcake)
2 Tbsp + 1 tsp cold Butter
1/3 cup cold Cream Cheese
1 cup + 1/8 cup Icing Sugar - sifted
1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
1/2 tsp Lemon Juice
1 tsp Milk or Heavy Cream
1) In a mixer with a paddle attachment add butter with cream cheese and beat till soft and smooth scraping the bowl every few minutes to ensure everything is being incorporated. Sift icing sugar in a separate bowl.
2) Slowly add sifted icing sugar to mixer while mixer is on speed 1. Once Icing sugar has been incorporated, add in vanilla, lemon juice and milk. Mix slightly then scrape down the sides of the mixing bowl.
3) Turn mixer onto speed 2 and mix till smooth but, not overly soft. This icing should to be thicker so it’s easier to pipe with/apply.
4) Apply the cream cheese butter cream using an offset spatula to the top of the 9” cake or prepare a piping bag with a star tip and pipe on top of the 12 cupcakes.
*If you are not going to use the icing or enjoy the iced cake/cupcakes right away, it is best to decorate the cake/cupcakes right away and then store in the fridge until ready to prevent icing from going soft.
- Yields Honey Drizzle for 1 x 9” cake topping or 12 cupcakes (1 Tbsp per cupcake)
1/4 cup Butter
1/4 cup Honey
1) Put butter and honey in a sauce pan and place on the stove top on medium-low heat.
2) Gently heat, stirring and monitoring constantly to make sure butter doesn’t burn.
3) When butter and honey are melted, stir to combine and remove from heat and cool slightly, 1 -2 min.
4) Carefully pour over warm cake (still in tin), let cool completely before removing from tin and serving.
Variation: Try adding 1/2 tsp cinnamon to the liquid butter/honey mixture!
Recipes, Tips and Ideas - BROWNIES
Ganache Topping for Fudgy Chocolate Brownies
- Yields ganache topping for one 9” x 9” pan of Fudgy Chocolate Brownies
1 cup Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
1/2 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
1 Tbsp Butter
1) In a small sauce pan add heavy cream and bring to a simmer making sure to stir every couple of minutes.
2) While cream is heating up, chop the chocolate chips into smaller pieces and add into a bowl. Once cream reaches a simmer (bubbling around the edges) pour over chocolate chips.
3) Add in the 1 tablespoon of butter to chocolate and cream and let sit for 1 minute.
4) Using a whisk, whisk chocolate, butter and cream together till smooth. Once smooth pour over prepared cooled brownie still in the pan and smooth to get an even layer.
5) Place brownie into fridge or freezer to set ganache faster and have easier time removing brownie from pan.
Recipes, Tips and Ideas – BANANA BREAD
Banana Loaf mix-in’s for 1 Scrumptious Banana Bread Loaf
1/4 cup Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips OR
1/4 cup Toasted chopped Pecans OR
1/4 cup Toasted chopped Walnuts
1) Prepare banana loaf according to recipe instructions and once batter is prepared fold in 1 or more of the desired mix in options. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan and bake according to recipe instructions.
2) For toasting nuts turn the oven to 325 degrees. Place a piece of parchment paper onto a cookie sheet. Measure out nuts and place whole nuts onto parchment. Bake for 3 to 5 minutes.
3) Check and stir the nuts frequently to avoid burning, the nuts will develop an aroma once they are toasted. Cool nuts and then place onto a cutting board and roughly chop, add them into batter and fold in.
4) A few extra nuts can be toasted and then added on top of un-baked loaf to garnish prior to baking.
Recipes, Tips and Ideas – CREATE-A-MUFFIN MIX!
Streusel Topping for Create-A-Muffin Mix:
- Yields streusel topping for 12 muffins (1 package of Create-A-Muffin Mix)
1/4 cup All-Purpose Flour
1/4 cup White or Brown Sugar
2 Tbsp Butter (cold and cut into small pieces)
1/4 tsp Cinnamon
1/4 tsp Vanilla Extract
1) In a bowl combine flour, sugar and cinnamon and stir until evenly mixed.
2) Add the cold butter and vanilla to the flour mixture and use a fork to mix and break up into small, pea sized pieces. The mixture will be crumbly and dry.
3) Use a table spoon to evenly distribute mixture onto the unbaked muffin batter and then bake muffins according to package directions.
- to make filling a piping bag easier, place the empty bag in a tall, empty drinking glass as a stand to hold the bag up!